largest undergraduate college at Cornell University and the third
largest college of its kind in the United States. Our teaching and
research facilities are among the finest available anywhere, and the
College's educational programs are designed to ensure that every
student's education is geared to contemporary, real-world issues.
Through teaching, research, and extension -- the three components of our
land-grant mission -- we strive to improve the nation's food supply and
maintain its safety, to enhance the environment, and to help people
improve their lives.
University has challenged students to be responsible, creative designers
and to develop innovative, site-appropriate solutions that enhance
aesthetics and value.
Architecture degrees at the undergraduate and graduate levels. The
undergraduate Landscape Architecture degree is the only one of its kind
in the Ivy League. Both academic programs provide a sound grounding in
theory and technology, which is put into practice through the design
studio and related courses.
to land-use mediator to conservationist. The Department of Landscape
Architecture at Cornell views the art of landscape design as an
expression of cultural values reinforced by many related disciplines.
Landscape Architecture promotes interaction with other academic fields,
including horticulture, architecture, city and regional planning, and
top ranked program with undergraduate and graduate students in two
accredited first professional degree programs and two second
professional degree programs. The Department seeks an outstanding
- Teach, research, and lead scholarship in contemporary theories and
practices related to issues of the built environment, contemporary
technology, and green infrastructure. Teaching will focus on studios,
digital technology, seminar or lecture-course(s) that will address
contemporary professional practice and technology.
- The successful candidate must be conversant across disciplines.
- Advise students and guide activities for students enrolled in
Landscape Architecture at the undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Initiate or continue to evolve an innovative and productive research
program that focuses upon best practices. Seek and obtain research
funds in a collaborative manner.
- A Masters degree (or PhD) in Landscape Architecture.
- Demonstrated experience teaching design studios and other subjects
relevant to the professional practice of Landscape Architecture.
- A track record of excellence in practice, scholarship, and teaching.
- Recent professional practice portfolio.
- Successful teaching experiences in higher education including classroom and studio teaching as well as thesis oversight.
- Innovative engagement with current contemporary technology associated with the built environment.
- Professional, multidisciplinary practice experience.
- Demonstrated record of professional or scholarly leadership, activities and publications.
- Success in obtaining and leveraging funds for research and scholarship.
practice portfolio, and recent publications, if applicable (may include
conference presentations or articles in progress); and the names,
addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of three references to :
until an appropriate candidate is selected. Applications will be
accepted until the position is filled.
Trowbridge, Chair and Professor of Landscape Architecture, 440 Kennedy
Hall, Cornell University, Ithaca, New York 14853, email@example.com, (607)255-2738.
Janice Parker Landscape Design, established in 1984, is a premier landscape architecture firm based in New York City, Southampton and Connecticut. Our team of landscape architects has pursued the tradition of studio collaboration and rigorous exploration. We take pleasure in questions that require multiple disciplines and strategic thinking. We offer generous, well-considered artistic solutions and are committed to fusing unique social and ecological needs into beautiful and functional environmental designs.
Recognized nationally for her commitment to excellence, Janice Parker has won several awards for her work, including:
2012 Palladio Award for Residential Landscape Architecture
Connecticut Cottages & Gardens Innovation in Design Award - 2012 First Place, 2010 and 2009.
The A-List Pool Design Award - 2010.
We have an immediate opening for a creative, responsible and skilled professional excited by the infinite possibilities for excellence in landscape architecture to fulfill a Junior Landscape Architect position in our Sherman Connecticut studio.
Years of Experience: Entry Level – 2 years
Salary and Benefits: Commensurate with experience
Description: A premier landscape architecture firm based in Sherman, CT is seeking an enthusiastic, creative and flexible professional to expand our team.
Responsibilities Include: Comprehensive design, construction documentation and project coordination under the supervision of experienced Landscape Architects. Excellent communication and work skills/ethic, attention to detail, and organizational ability are crucial.
- Landscape Architecture degree from an accredited program preferred
- Ability to
communicate quickly through sketches/free hand drawing skills is preferred.
- 2+ years experience in landscape architecture preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, SketchUp and Adobe Photoshop
should submit their resume, portfolio, and salary requirements to